Regular events and activities
Music at St Mary's
Music in our church is a very important part of church life, with choir, bell-ringing, musical evenings – from solo recitals to brass bands. Our rector Paul, has even played the hosepipe at our Christmas Day service.
We are led by our musical director and organist Andy Baldwin. The church often reverberates to the wonderful sounds coming from the organ – it sometimes seems that Andy must have more than one pair of hands and feet!
Regular musical activities:
Monday 7.00pm: Bell ringing practice – every week in the Church Tower
Friday 7.30pm: Choir practice – every week in church
Saturday: – 12 noon on the first Saturday each month - lunchtime concert – Magical Melodies – with a different programme each time
Praying & Learning
- Wednesday, 8.00pm: Bible Study - Church Farm House every fortnight (please check the pew sheet for exact dates).
- Thursday 11.00am – Weekly Service at Shinfield View
- Thursday 3.30pm – Weekly Prayers in Church
Thursdays – First Thursday each month – PCC meeting held in church
- Tuesdays 3.30pm – Church Club at Shinfield St Mary’s Junior School
- Tuesdays – 9.30am to 10.00am and 10.15am to 10.45am – Songtime in the Church Hall (every week in term time)
- Fridays – 9.15am to 11.30am – Toddler Group – in the Church Hall (weekly in term time)
- Sundays – 10.00am to 12.00 noon – Dads & Kids - Church Hall, every other month – fun – toys – games - craft