Loddon Reach magazine – top ten winner in the National Parish Magazine Awards
Loddon Reach magazine is a full colour, 64-page, A5 magazine, published by the Benefice every month (except August and January) and distributed free by a team of dedicated volunteers to over 6000 homes, businesses, libraries, schools, churches, etc. in Beech Hill, Farley Hill, Grazeley, Riseley, Shinfield, Spencers Wood, Swallowfield and Three Mile Cross near to Reading, Berkshire, to the south of the M4 near junction 11 (see map here). Additional copies are also available from Shinfield Parish Council. As more houses are planned and built in the area, the circulation will rise accordingly.
Following the creation of the Loddon Reach Benefice, Loddon Reach Magazine was formed from the merger in 2008 of three established parish magazines. It is an award-winning (National Parish Magazine Awards) magazine; unique, independent and non-franchised, providing a popular and essential service to the local community and widely respected by readers and advertisers alike.
All the editorial material is supplied free of charge by the local churches, community organisations, charities, clubs, societies, and the parish councils.
The magazine is kept by readers throughout the month, as it also includes a community directory of local organisations and services, as well as a 'what's on' guide.
The production and print management of the magazine is by Outside the Box and is funded by advertising revenue. Surplus revenue is divided between the Benefice’s four parishes to a formula agreed by the PCCs of each parish.
Advertising is restricted to a maximum of 40% of the magazine’s content and each issue is usually fully subscribed. We usually have a couple of spaces available each month but these are quickly snapped up! If you are interested in advertising in the magazine, please click here for display advertising or here for classified advertising (the small, text-only ads).
The distribution of the magazine is entirely by volunteers. We are extremely grateful for this dedicated team of over 100 people and the magazine would not be the success it is without them.
You are welcome to submit copy for inclusion in the magazine on an ad-hoc or regular basis. If you would like to be added to our monthly reminder mailing list, please request this in your message. You will then receive two reminders before each issue’s copy deadline.
Please note the following:
- Please send your entry by the 8th of the month prior to cover month via email to the editor, Amanda Tripp, at
- If you are sending images, please ensure that these are high resolution - i.e. don't put them in a Word document and, if sending from an iphone / ipad, select 'actual size' not 'small/medium/large'. Do not compress (shrink) images to save space. Before sending, ensure that you have any necessary permissions for publication from the photographer / subjects, especially parental permission for any photos of children.
- Due to space limits, we cannot guarantee inclusion of any or all your submission.
- We do not accept stand-alone announcements of births, marriages and deaths.
- Event advertising: if you have an event coming up such as a concert or charity event that you would like to publicise we can usually include this in the magazine’s ‘What’s On Guide’ free of charge and within the main content of magazine subject to available space. This is at the editor’s discretion and will follow the standard editorial layout. If you wish to submit an advertisement of your own design, this is subject to availability of advertising space. Advertisements for events hosted or run by the Benefice’s churches are free of charge and discounts may be available for advertisements from other churches, charities and local organisations. For business advertising, please see our information for display advertising and small, text-only classified advertising.